That's dinner, you're kidding right?

Am I wrong for thinking that hot dogs and cheetoes or a soda and chips isn't dinner?

I asked what everyone was making for dinner on one of my social sites and those were the two common answers. Is it just me or is that so not dinner?

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 11:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't think it is dinner at all... One, I don't drink pop and definitely would not let my4 year old drink it... Its weird I know, but I am so against it. Now I can see the hot dogs when I am running late but I would give her peas or corn and fruit and yogurt with it, not chips. I am just like that
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• So, what is it? A snack. Maybe it was a rush around kids have to be everywhere night and that is a rare occasion meal. If it is served as the night meal...it is dinner. It may not be your idea of healthy, but, it is still dinner.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i wouldn't serve soda/chips for dinner, but combined with a hotdog..once in a while..sure, its dinner. i've often given ds a turkey/swiss sandwich with a handful of cheetos for lunch. not a big deal.
    however, he rarely drinks soda. usually, milk/apple juice or water. he's a big water-drinker, yeah!!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well...every once in a while a hot dog and chips would be okay, but it's definitely not a balanced meal, and not something I would give often. And soda and chips as a meal is horrible!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That's not dinner to me - but there have been times when I was running late, or had a lot going on and I've fed my family that. It's just not something I'd do every day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• as lunch I can see hot dogs and chips but unless its a family BBQ, i dont see why you would serve it.
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think a hot dog or sandwich combined with chips cheetoes can be a dinner I would give some fruit to though. Pop not so much but here we are a society of pop drinkers and we have programmed our kids to be also
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yeah, Soda & Chips, not dinner... But hotdogs once in a while, sure... Not an every night thing, but when you're cooking out there aren't to many other options that don't cost an arm & a leg...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well it is summer time and people are BBQing allot so if thats the case, maybe throw in a potato salad or tuna caserole and walla, sounds good to me.Oh & fun!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• not all the time, but once in a great while DH grills out and he will either make hamburgers or hot dogs and sometimes even both we will sometimes do that and chips for dinner, but I always feed the girls the hot dog or hamburger first and if they eat it then I will give them the chips cause if I put chips on their plate they wont eat the other stuff, but I never give my kids soda the only time they get soda is if we go out to dinner and that is a sprite, but at home they don't ever get soda
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2010