graco my ride 65 installation

Anyone who has a Graco My Ride 65 have any tips on installation for rear-facing? Is it really just the two latches that secure it? It was truly easy to do that (minus the belt tightening which my husband helped me with), yet it doesn't feel secure at all. A friend who is a fire fighter confirmed that but could not figure out how to configure it better. I watched a video (which made it look so easy) and read the directions carefully, but it seems to me that if were were in a head-on collision, the seat would flip toward the back seat. Anyone have thoughts? Should I go to BabiesRUs where i bought it or a police station for help? Thank you to anyone who could add their thoughts/experiences.

JRB101009

Asked by JRB101009 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this may sound silly, but when I install a carseat, I kneel in it so that it's pushed more down in the seat, then tighten the belt while my weight is on it. Doesn't move at all after I do that.

But if you don't feel it's installed right, give the police or fire department a call and get them to help you.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That's what I did for our MyRide 65 - just tethered the 2 latches into the crease seat and put the seatbelt through.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Join the car seat safety group her on CM. They are great and can help you out :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That is why I like the Britax, they have a rear facing tether and you can really get it in there so it won't budge! I don't know if the one you have has that option.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010