Who's the handy man of your house?

When we buy build it yourself furniture, I build it. If Dh tries, he always breaks something or does something wrong and gets upset, then I finish it. When something breaks, I generally fix it.. unless it's computer related, then it's all up to him :)

How about your house?

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 11:20 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We both are.....but I know he feels like it should be his job because he's the "man", so I let him have his fun and sometimes just do things when he's gone.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My husband. He can fix anything!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Both. We're both handy with fixing things. We don't buy the pressed wood furniture so we never have to worry about putting it togehter and we can both fix leaky pipes, etc. The only thing I really don't like doing is electric but I will if I need to. I just shut off the power to the entire house. I don't trust myself to have the right circut breaker turned off. To this I owe a big THANK YOU MR DEVOLD! He was my Vo Ag teacher in HIgh School and taught me alot about fixing things.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My DH is really, really handy. I'm the clutz in the house.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• me ;o) my hubby is not very handy at stuff like that LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• This is easy M-E! I have the tools, if something breaks I fix it.. Dh would just rather throw everything away and buy a new one than fix the old "broken" one. drives me nuts!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LMAO!!!!!

its me, always me. however, i have submitted to him on occasion..then enjoy the heck out of choosing/purchasing new stuff!!

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Both really.. When he's away working I take care of the vehicles, house,yard. With the vehicles I put on my bluetooth and he talks me through it, and with the house I can usually figure it out. When hubby's home he takes care of everything except the yard, and I help him out with the rest. Unless of course he's welding, etc... I stay away from that.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:27 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LOL it is definitely not my husband either. I can put a few things together and am handy with a few tools, but most handy work we hire someone to do or my dad helps us out.
    kwest_1

Answer by kwest_1 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• We both do although when it comes to some of the more difficult things he just will do them.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2010