how much weight can i lift being pregnant?

What is the max weight anyone would lift being pregnant.I work at abercrombie and we have to lift up to 30 lbs and i was wondering if i should or not?

kobemommy

Asked by kobemommy at 10:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• you shouldnt be lifting that much, when i was pregnant my doctor always told me no more than 15 pounds. but once i was almost 8 months along, he said no more than 5 pounds. but you got to be the judge of how much you lift, if you feel uncomforable lifting 30 pounds, dont do it
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 10:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would just talk to your doctor and see what they say. When I was pregnant, my doc said I was ok to lift up to 25 lbs. Certain factors can contribute to a higher or lower weight limit. A friend of mine was on a 15 lb weight restriction with her second child because she lost the first 8 hours after he was born. So they had her on a strict limit. Just check with your doc to see if your job would be ok, and if not, you can get a note from him saying you're on a certain restriction, and they have to honor it and can't fire you for it.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my 1st doctor said no more than 10 lbs and my new doctor says 20 lbs. just depends on who you ask.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My doc said 25 pounds.... If you have any health problems or high risk it might be lower.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Not a whole lot that's the true answer. the reason for it is because you do not want to strain so much with the baby in your tummy. Other wise you can ask your doctor more on this.
    Kanami

Answer by Kanami at 1:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Check with your doctor. He/she would know best.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Shoot, I was lifting probably 50 pound stuff before I stopped working. I worked at Walgreens and I couldn't have been calling someone for help every time I had to lift a heavy box or something. I think the only problem I've had is mild back strain and sciatic nerve pain. I'm 29 weeks now and my baby and I are healthy.

I think it all depends on your build, your weight, how far along you are, and what your doctor says =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008