how does anyone go back to work after staying home with such a beautiful little baby for 12 weeks?

my baby is 4 weeks old and i have had some complications myself so i have to take the entire 12 weeks off work and i cant imagine myself going back to work. i hate to think about it.

butterfly1987

Asked by butterfly1987 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did it 3 times. It's very tough at first, but then you fall into a routine. You'll get through it. Just find a daycare that you trust completely, that's the key. The first time, I would burst into tears whenever I thought about it. I even cried at work. But you'll see, it will work out. Good luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It broke my heart when i had to go back to work and leave my dd too, I had serious separation anxiety, when ever anyone asked me how she was i would seriously break down and cry.I knew she was safe cause she was with her nanny (my MIL).
    But as time went by it got easier and easier. Now i am a stay at home mom till we move and then i am going back to school and going to become a secretary!
    Good Luck Mama
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 11:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's hard but you sometimes have no choice I wanted so very bad to stay hime when my dd was born almost 9 yrs ago and it just didn't happen I went back after my 6 weeks knowing that someone else got to have her all day was really hard but in my case it was my grown daughter taking care of her sister and that made it a bit better. I feel for you and hope that if you can try and stay home sometimes taht isn't an option. Hugs
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I didn't! It was the plan, but she hated being held by other people. She would cry and cry even when it was daddy. I could not do it! So I did some number crunching and proposed the plan to my husband. Six years and two more kids later, I gave no regrets and am a happy at home mom to three!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't know. My son is 10 months and I still can't think of going back, lol.

However, while it'll be hard at first, it'll get easier. I have friends that have done it. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I guess you do what you have to do, but I honestly couldn't imagine leaving a baby that young. Thankfully, being Canadian, I had a year off with each of my babies. The youngest I had to leave them was 11 months and it wasn't too hard because my mil was taking care of him, my other two were 15 months and 2.5 years.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I've been going in to the office 2 mornings a week for the past few months and I start back to work full time next Monday and my son will be 8 months old. It's going to be tough next week but I'll only be working until 2 or 3 every day - I hope that will make it easier than working until 5...
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Its very tough. I had to do it after being home with my ds for 16 weeks. I hated the thought of leaving him, but I had to work. I will tell you that it does get easier once a routine gets going. I am very blessed because my mom takes care of him while I am at work. Best of luck!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 12:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I went back at 8 weeks and I had to do it for financial reasons, but also because I needed adult interaction. When I was home, I felt so isolated and lonely. I needed to go and be me again, not just be mommy.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I go back to work next week. I find myself crying about it everytime I think about it. I wish I was a SAHM. Some want to get out of the house and get adult interaction, but not me. I want to stay with my baby. But...for financial reason, i must go back.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010