My little guy has a white spot on his gums, what could it be?

My little guy has a tiny perfectly round white spot on his right upper gum near the front (not under where teeth would be growing in) I'm pretty sure it's not thrush because we just cleared that up a week ago and it doesn't look all "milk curdely". Does anyone know what it could be? Any help would be appreciated :)

BabyLyons

Asked by BabyLyons at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is likely an epsiom pearl or gum cyst (same thing, different names). They are harmless and should be left alone and they will go away on their own. My daughter had two for a few weeks when she was younger.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I think this is a question for a dentist or dr.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 12:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My son had that, and I figured it was just a little blister...I get them on my tongue...doc said not to worry it will go away...and it did!
    Tahjanae_s_Mom

Answer by Tahjanae_s_Mom at 12:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When my daughter was a baby, her daycare mistakenly thought she had thrush, but it turned out to be milk. Try rubbing your baby's gums gently with a damp washrag to see if it'll come off. It worked for my daughter.
    beefgoddess

Answer by beefgoddess at 12:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• if it grows then you'll need to have to removed, my oldest had one when he was a baby, it's called a mucucele. look it up, GL
    m0m2twoboys

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 12:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It's a form of a cyst, usually they go away on their own.
    However if it's there longer than a couple months, take him back to the doctor.
    My daughter had one on the roof of her mouth, it eventually went away.
    rileysmommy811

Answer by rileysmommy811 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• if he doesnt have teeth yet or not all of them - i would venture to guess its the pressure from a tooth that will be coming in soon and the fact that its on the front of the gums shouldnt concern you cause its taking up space he didnt have before.
    if you are realy worried go see your pedi about it.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• might be cutting teeth or has an infection in his gums
    sid2007

Answer by sid2007 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• either an infection like he hit his mouth open and now it's filled... or could be a tooth coming in... could also be an absest (spelling?) in his gums... either way you'll probably wanna bring it up to a doctor...
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• While it's nice to hear what other mommies have to say but when it comes to saying oh its this oh its that. I say you go with your gut have the doc check it out. Just think if nothing else you have piece of mind. And if its nothing dont feel silly or like you over reacted because you love your son and he deserves the best.
    vidasmama

Answer by vidasmama at 1:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2008