For those of you with a Home Biz... Where do you place your online ads?

I do craigslist and backpage... Myspace and CafeMom... But I'm looking for other sites to place free ads that I will actually get a responce. I ran a search and got like 8 pages of free ad sites... I spent 2 days posting ads and never heard from a single person... I just don't think the sites were very trafficed... I usually get about 80 responces from craigslist but I would like more...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• I list on tons of message boards. babycenter.com and momsbuyingfrommoms.com works well for me. I also chat in momsbuyingfrommoms chat room a few times a week. faithfulexpressions.webs.com also has a forum you can advertise on for free and there is a section with other places to post too.
    tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• The best form of advertisin is word of mouth. That is how my business is setup and has been the most success I have seen at of any other biz.

Feel free to visit my homepage, email me or call me.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Go to SaleSpider.com
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Okay, for conversation sake... I have gotten ZIP from DirectMaches and SaleSpider... They have been a total waist of my time!

And WOM is always best but in the recruiting end I would really prefer to do things online. I kinda like being the only one around here that actually brokers plans...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• These days posting ads is not enough. There are so many people posting ads about their business, they aren't paying any attention to what your ad says because they are concerned with building their own business. Your target market is mostly people who already have a business. So what do you have to offer them that other people don't? How can you help them in their business? If you are able to provide a solution for their problems (kinda like your having a problem with your advertising) then they will come back to you. Everyone won't convert but you will have plenty that will.

Oh and Directmatches does work but not by posting ads. That site is full of people that have businesses. You have to provide them with solutions. You could really clean up on that site if you have something of value to give (not your business).
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 12:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2008