Walking sideways, is that normal?

my son is now 10months old, and is WALKING!! but he mainly just walks sideways. he walks forward if we are holding his hand. but when he is doing it by himself, he walks sideways, is that normal?

mybabychunk

Asked by mybabychunk at 10:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol my middle son did that for like a month lol i wouldnt worry about him.... mine walks runs and jumps just fine now!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Thats hilarious... little crab. I think its fine... just learning how to use his legs.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• its like the middle ear is trying to catch up to the legs.. eventually they all come together, and walk straight.. when he's holding your hand, you are the balance, and he gets it, but when he's on his own, thats when the sideways walking comes into play.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would not think anything of it unless its been more than a month that he has been doing this. Remeber when he stood up and he would walk but holding on to something and walking side ways like that? He is not sure how to walk forward yet. just keep showing him to walk forward and everything should be fine.
    Kanami

Answer by Kanami at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2008