My Daughter-in -Law and I Don't Seem to Care

#1 for each other, or my entire family.First it was my dd of 16 she being 28 & shall we say a pillow talk conv bew her & my son repeated , not fr her to know abt . Then a remark in frnt of my girls abt my husbnd, upset him. Then my youngest DD dies and we have 3 court cases going & all I hear fr a yr "your a good Mom, you did the best you could" When the court cases, plural are over, no more gossip so no more calls. YEA. I also stopped clling bec. I got tired of hearing it. Now this girl has not been in my house for abt 3 yrs, hasn't spoken to my 1 dd for 4 When my DD died I got cds as late as a mo after her death, ws ok all I cared was I gt a card, was too numb to notice anyway. Now a yr ago her bro dies and I cll and tell my son I'm sorry and I send a card & a card to her parents who I know a little. I also sent a flower to my DIL. Now I know I'm shd sp to my DIL, but we haven't in yrs. I have apoligized for that.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• You did what you could, so let it go. It sounds like you 2 will never get along, so I would just be civil and not worry about it. What you did for her loss was plenty, especially if you didn't know the person.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm sorry about all you have been going through. I honestly, couldn't understan 3/4 of what you were trying to say though.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 11:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LOL...the abbreviations and the lack of complete sentences,etc. was so distracting and annoying I just didn't care to read it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• In a nut shell she has hurt everyone at some time, has not been in my house fr yrs I did call my son per her brother dying and sent a card & flowers, and sent her parents a card but it was 2 weeks after his death, my son is mad, thinks I took too long. I apoligized but he's furious. He's more concerned abt her brother dying than his own sisterdying. She stopped calling after my deceased DD trials bec no more gossip, I stopped calling her due to the Good Mother remarks. Had not talked in a fews yrs, had not been in my house fr a few yrs. BUT, we did go to theirs on 2 Christmas Eve's trying to keep peace befor her brother died. We did try. She is needy I feel bec her 1st husband cheated on her and needs to be proven she is first. It's not just me, it's my girls also but now my only girl, & being her only brother she is heart broken. I've come to terms w/ it but it still hurts. also see page # 2 hope you can read it
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010