want your opinion

When I was little I always wanted to be with my grandparents and now that i have kids i want them to spend time with their grandparents. There is just a special bond there. However my stepmom seems to have time for everything and everyone else except for mine or my sisters kids. when she does get my kids she always has something planned so she doesnt have to be alone with them. for example She wants to get them tomorrow afternoon, drop them off at vacation bible school, then when they get back go to bed. then she wants to bring them back thursday around lunch time. Am i being unreasonable?

sahm2kateli

Asked by sahm2kateli at 11:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• you can't force her to spend time with your kids. If she doesn't want to spend time with them, stop sending them over there.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Maybe she's uncomfortable around them. You can't force her to be with your children. Does she say she wants them to visit or do you? If it's not coming from her, I wouldn't push it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I would just try to accept the way that she is, and know that she will never be who you want her to be. At least she does want them a little... You life will be easier if you accept her for who she is and not let it upset you.
    abullock

Answer by abullock at 11:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• She calls about once every 1-2 months to get her "kaitlin/eli" fix. she asks to keep them every 3-4 months and even tells the oldest she will get her and then never does. my sisters kids (15y/9y) she sees 2x a year and that is only when my sister makes the initiative.
    sahm2kateli

Comment by sahm2kateli (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• STEP-mom ...does she have her "own" grand kids. please...it wouldnt be fair if HER grandkids werent involved too. I've been there. dont need em
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• no she doesnt have any kids of her own. it is just me and my sister (stepkids)
    sahm2kateli

Comment by sahm2kateli (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Why don't you make plans with your dad since they are his bio grandchildren?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• sadly my dad was killed in a car accident 3.5 years ago
    sahm2kateli

Comment by sahm2kateli (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• hmm, idk then. maybe she just isnt used to being around children. Does she even have kids of her own?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my bio-mom was killed in car accident 20 years ago
    sahm2kateli

Comment by sahm2kateli (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010