Leaking fluid???

I am 39 weeks pregnant and this morning had a slight drip of fluid down my leg when I woke up, it really was only a little bit. It happened again a couple hours later. My midwife thinks I could just be leaking cervical fluid since there isn't a lot of it like when your water breaks. I still feel concerned after talking to her. Anyone else experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• SMell it. If it is sweet smelling, its amniotic fluid. Otherwise, it's probably your bladder being under pressure
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had leaking with my son... I always thought water breaking was a big GUSH of water. I kept changing my boxers and after several trips to the bathroom it started to have a light pink color on the toilet paper. I went to Labor and Delivery - changed into a gown - sat down on the bed and then the GUSH of water really broke. My son was born less than 45 minutes later. :)
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There is a simple test that can be done to see if it's amniotic fluid; I know it's a strip of paper but I can't remember what it's called. Your midwife should have this available for you, if for nothing else other than to set your mind at ease.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010