My friend (who is married) was kissed, should she tell her husband?

My best friend got married in August to a guy she's dated/lived with for 8 years. Friday night, they had a birthday party and everyone was drunk (which I DO NOT condone). My friend and her DH's friend from work were the only ones awake watching a movie and he kissed her (just a peck). She immediately jumped up and told him that was inappropriate and it could not happen again. Should she tell her husband this happened? And should she confront the kisser before telling her DH? How would you go about telling DH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• I think she took care of the issue herself, if this guy continues to make inapropriate advances then yes she should tell her DH so that he can talk to this guy. It was probally just a lapse of judgement on this guys part and he's probally kicking himself in the a$$ now. She can tell her DH if she feels she should but she doesn't have to. I've had this happen to me too and I didn't tell my hubby I took care of the issue myself.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 10:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i would tell him,let him know you took care of it. if this guy is stupid enough to try kissing her,he could be stupid enough to tell her husband he kissed his wife. then the sh** will hit the fan! better safe than sorry.turn it around wouldn't she want to know?
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i think that she handled it well herself but you'd never want him to hear it from somebody else.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would tell my hubby. I mean, if it ment nothing to me he wouldn't care. He might be somewhat annoyed that a man would disrespect our relationship but he trusts me. I would tell him about it laughing though...it's happened to me one time and my hubby and I laughed about it together. Needless to say though, he is not very fond of the guy.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree. She handled it. No sense in making a mountain out of a mole hill. The guy made a mistake. It's handled. End of story. She should move on. In my experience running to a bf/hubby/so with a story like that sometimes backfires and the mate wants to know what SHE did to make him kiss her? Men can be very touchy. I'd leave it alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think she handled it well with the other guy herself. I do agree that she should probably tell her hubby so that he doesn't end up hearing it from someone else.
    Anonymous

• If he did it again, I would tell. But one incident she handled herself, I probably wouldn't. Last weekend one of DH's friends put a move on me and I handled it myself and didn't see the need to upset him. If he ever did it again, I would tell DH and would tell him not to invite this person over any more.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Would she expect her husband to tell her? I kind of live by the rule that I should do what I expect my husband to do. I would want to know - even if he did everything right. Can you imagine the possible lost trust if it does get back to him? Then she's sitting there, having done nothing wrong, but looking guilty because she didn't say anything to him. He'll doubt if she's telling him the truth because she didn't say anything until after he found out.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2008