Whats a good age gap for siblings?

I have a 13 month old and want another baby sooo badly but hubby isn't quite ready for it and I totally understand. But at the same time I don't want my kids to be years and years apart.

What do you think is a good gap between kids? I said I wanted to be preggers for my sons 2nd bday!

NotUrMama72

Asked by NotUrMama72 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think 3 years is a good gap. There's 11 months between 1st and 2nd and 26 months between 2nd and 3rd. My 2nd pregnancy was really hard b/c my 1st was so young and my body hadn't fully recovered.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh really?! Thanks Renea20! That's something to think about!
    NotUrMama72

Comment by NotUrMama72 (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There is 17 mo between my 1st and 2nd
    There is 17 mo between my 2nd and 3rd
    There is 2 yr 9mo between my 3rd and 4th

I honestly really liked the 17mo age gap! There is little to no jealousy at that age and you are still in baby mode so alot of things are easier! You can get all the bottles/diapers/sleepless nights out of the way around the same time too =)

the 2.9yr age gap was def harder. My daughter who had been the baby for almost 3 yrs had a very hard time adjusting. She was a completely different kid :( It was sad to see her that way. She absolutely loved her new sister but she took it all out on me. She had so many fits and she cried all the time. Now that the baby is 5.5mo things are a little better, she has calmed down a little and loves to help me =) Its also nice to only 1 in diapers!!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 12:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i wanted to be pregnant around or before dd 2nd bday too, but she is about to turn 4 :-(
    Me & DH said we have to lose weight before having #2.... And its just soooo dang hard!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• MommaTasha1003 - I feel the same way!! I'd love to lose weight before I get pregnant too! What are you doing to try?
    NotUrMama72

Comment by NotUrMama72 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I've always heard that 4 years apart is the best age gap so they won't be in college at once. But my kids are gaped all kinds of ways and I enjoy the differences.

#1 and #2 are 6 years apart
    #2 and #3 are 3 years apart
    #3 and #4 are 17 months apart.

All 3 circumstances are manageable
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010