are you gonna cry?

On you kindergarteners first day? My dd went to preschool last year it was her first to ever be away from me as I am a SAHM and I cried for at least the first week, and probably will next week when she heads off to kindergarten!!

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 12:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm going to bawl...DD starts Thursday and is soooo excited! I'll wait until she leaves and then the tears will come.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When I get home I will for sure. I will have to be brave though because I still have two little ones at home.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LOL! Her mom and I both did last year on the first day of kindergarten for my granddaughter. It was soooo cute. But this year, No. I am just very angry that we have to send her back there. We were trying for a private arts school, but she is now third on the waiting list. I really hope she can get in this year. I do not like to send her to public school at all.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• oh, I forgot to mention, I never let my kids see me cry, they worry about me :)
    sarahdicksonjr

Comment by sarahdicksonjr (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oh I'm sure I probably will! I tear up just thinking about it! lol. Thankfully, I have one more year.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, I will, I am so not ready! She on the other hand is so excited! I know its going to be hard for us both, she has never really been away from me, but I will be brave as I walk her in and try to make sure she doesn't cry then when I get in the car I am going to cry like a baby!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Im sure i will cry too, lol its a mother thing. I have one more year :)
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't think so, but I don't usually get emotional in those situations (unless I'm PMS-ing). We're all so ready for both kids to be in school, and she can't wait to be there.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Like a baby just not in front of them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My son just took off when he started and left me behind. My daughter rode. The bus and my suster kept telling. Me not to ket her see me cry. When the bus got out of sight then I bawled lmao.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010