are you gonna cry?

On you kindergarteners first day? My dd went to preschool last year it was her first to ever be away from me as I am a SAHM and I cried for at least the first week, and probably will next week when she heads off to kindergarten!!

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 12:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in

• I did when my kids first went to kindergarten. I was hysterical. Next year my baby goes. I might need a stretcher.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Of course!! I already had some tears shed when I filled out the paperwork..lol. I just cannot believe my little boy is going to school. I have been so blessed to have my mom care for him while I work. I am already prepared with a box of kleenex..lol. Of course he will be fine, he is very outgoing and looks forward to being with all the children. I took off of work to prepare myself, and just in case he needs me (wishful thinking)..lol. Prayers will get me through. It is so hard to let go.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Nope. This is my son's second year of preschool. I didn't cry last year either. He was so confident. On the way to the classroom he says, "Mommy, you are going to bring me there, then leave, and pick me up later." :) He is so excited for school to start again.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my daughter will be in gr 1 this year..last year i didnt cry tho..she was in preschool for 2 years, so i guess i was kinda used to it..although, last year with kindergarten she was gone ALLLL DAY!!! 830-230..and i remember many mornings at first when i would just be sitting here on the couch and be thinking holy crap IM BORED!!!! my house was spotless, everything was done. i wanted someone to play with!! LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My daughter starts kindergarten in three weeks and I haven't thought much about it, but now I'm starting to tear up reading this post and imagining her first day. She is growing up so fast.
    CJnRB

Answer by CJnRB at 12:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's hard to see them off on their first day of Kindergarten. You await this moment. And then when it arrives you feel a little sad that they are going off to school and aren't babies anymore.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My son has 4 years until he starts school, but I can guarantee you that I WILL cry, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I homeschool, so it's not an issue for me ;)
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 12:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sure did. I thought it was the one and only time I'd ever do kindergarten. Now this year, my youngest starts preschool, and yes, I'm probably going to bawl.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 1:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010