How do you make the pasta salad?

not the one with mayo...the one with dressing (italian maybe) and the multi color noodles?

I love that stuff!

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cook the noodles, cut up peporoni, cheese cubes, usually 2 different typs of cheese, Parm cheese, Olives, cerley, onions and peppers mixed with italian!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Tri color rotini pasta with zesty italian dressing, black olives, halved cherry tomatoes, diced onions, diced green and yellow peppers, and diced cucumbers
    Momincollege23

Answer by Momincollege23 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• the thing I love about pasta salad is that you can really make it anyway you like. I like to get the colored noodles and lots of fresh veggies diced (zucchini, cherry tomatoes halved, mushrooms, etc) and then mix in some feta if I'm feeling like I want cheese then coat in italian dressing and toss. But really after you've cooked the pasta you can put in anything that doesn't need cooked. Sometimes I like sunflower seeds.. etc
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• OOO the feta and cherry tomatos sound AMAZING..im trying that!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I make pasta salad as a way to use up leftovers. Really good with tuna, hard boiled eggs, tomato, any cooked veggies or leftover meats. Excellent if you use cold cheese tortellini! My fave dressing is Ken's three cheese italian, and I don't use the dressing until I am ready to serve it because it gets mushy. I just keep a container of the salad, minus the dressing, and dress it when I serve it. Yum! My son loves it too!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Here is my recipe & it's SO MUCH BETTER than using italian dressing...oh, i don't measer either. I eye ball everything! So, i hope this works for you!

tri colored pasta
    freash pearl mozzerella (can use feta too, but i prefer the fresh mozz, it compliments everything else)
    cherry tomatoes, cut in half
    1-2 cloves garlic smashed & diced real well (start off with one, if you like more add one more clove)
    fresh chopped basil leaves
    fresh chopped orgegano
    diced pepperoni
    diced sweet onion
    diced red pepper (optional, some people like it some take them out)
    black olives (optional, some people pick those out too, but i like them)
    red wine vinegar
    balsamic vinegar
    olive oil
    salt & pepper
    pinch of sugar

Mix all together. When you mix ingredients in one at a time, the pasta actually absorbs that flavor first. Pile it all in a bowl first, then mix it all together so the flavors marry well.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's also good to let it sit & marinate for 1/2 hour before serving.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• So cook the spiral colorful pasta, make sure you do not over cook them and rinse them as soon you take them off the stove. Cut cucumber, broccoli, tomatoes, red onion (thinly sliced) and mix them with your pasta. Then add salad supreme. It's a grat seasoning for salads and it's found next to salts and spices at your local grocery store. It has cheese and great spices in it and taste great. Add a good amount of salad supreme. Then cover and put in your fridge. Let sit for about 2 hours or overnight. Add italian dressing and then let sit for another hour in fridge. It's amazing!!!!!!!! I also suggest shavin some good Parmaesan on top as well and cracked pepper. Enjoy!!!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• When you add the Italian dressing or any liquid to the pasta right away it does absorb it more but gets mushy. So that sshh it's best to wait a while to let the flavors of the vegetables marry with the pasta for at least 2 hrs and then add Italian. You can so thinly slice bell peppers. I forgot that bit, enjoy!!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• The one thing about pasta salad is you can make it anyway youlike with any kind of thing you want in there fresh veggies, pepperoni, shredded cheese whatever youloike then just add the dressing
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010