What was the worst tasting food you ever ate?

I think the smell and taste of liver even disgused with onions was the worst tasting food I've ever put in my mouth. How about you?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yep, liver! LOL just the idea of eating a filter grosses me out! I keep picturing the nasty AC filter ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Pate. Is that how you spell it...
    It was the most disgusting horrific excuse for a food I have ever put in my mouth. I was at a company Christmas party and made the mistake of trying it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I've only had fried chicken liver & i also hated it. It was just weird...almost metalic tasting. There is not many foods i don't like though...i hate nori rolls unless they are deep fried with a panko crust, then i can handle them.

I'm a human filter...lol, i'll eat just about anything!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I am having trouble deciding. It is a tie between caraway seeds (like in rye bread) or celery seeds. I can't figure out who decided that these two things were even edible, let alone a desirable addition to food. Celery is gross too, but the seeds are worse.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I once tried liver pate'. NAAAAAAASTY. I also hate the texture and taste of scallops. Never had a delicious one.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• mussels ! lol i tried hiding them back in their shell, but the damn waitress saw one and said "oh, you missed one" and handed me back the plate.....actually i "missed" 7 of them and didn't want my date to know I couldn't choke them down...thanks a lot waitress ! hahaha
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Oysters Rockefeller. My God, it was horrible, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Just a warning, this is gross. I use to love my husbands cheese ball but when I was pregnant I had awful morning sickness the whole nine months. During Christmas he made it, I ate some and threw it up. It was the worst tasting thing coming up ever. If I see the cheese ball now I stay a bit of distance away cause the smell alone makes my stomach start to turn. I haven't tried it since I was pregnant. Just the memories of that taste makes me stay far away.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 12:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I won't even touch liver, tongue, gizzards, any of that stuff. So I wouldn't know what it tastes like. My kids like some of that, DH does, FIL nd my dad do, but not me. The worst thing I can come up with right now that I have tasted is anything reuben related - sauerkraut, corned beef, yuck - or braunschweiger.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Ive never been around liver...... and never will put oysters in my mouth lol...
    the only bad thing ive ever tasted was a Scholoskys (sp) sandwhich....
    and the other week i bought some beef/veggies on a skewer at the grocery store.. put them in the freezer & dh cooked them up the other night.. they were SOGGY! it was so gross...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010