vitamins?

ok i have not been taking my vitamins.. can it harm the baby, the weight or anything i am know 25 weeks 3 days prego.. i just dont like the way it makes me feel

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well with me being a nurse i do know that it is very important to take ur vitamins, but u can always call ur doctor and let him know how they make u feel, because now they even make a softgel prenatal vitamin that alot of pregnatnt women love other than those hard nasty ones.
    Tanisha709

Answer by Tanisha709 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The baby will take what he needs. Your body needs the vitamins to replenish.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well, I dont think its going to harm the baby. It is definitely good and suggested to take the vitamins, but I was always really bad at remembering every day. All 4 of my babies were born healthy and very big! they were 8lbs (3 wks early) 10.2, 9.12, 9.15 =)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 12:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Do the vitamins make you sick? I had a problem taking my vitamins at first because they made me sick, someone told me to take flinstones so I tried that, but felt llike I was doing a misservice to my baby, so one day I found pre-natal gummy vitamins at target and those work great for me. I think mompam is right about the baby taking what he needs, but I just felt bad not taking them lol so I was glad when I found something that worked. So if you're worried about it (like I was) maybe you'll feel better trying the gummy kind.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have taken the Flinstones when I felt nauseated or not just right. I also took the Women's One-A-Day prenatals (but I only took the pink pill because it has a yellow "huge" pill as the supplement of DHA but DHA was what I had less of a tolerance for when I was nauseated or felt like I would be sick from swallowing a large pill). I would definitely try to get some of the prenatal gummies if you can find them and think you could tolerate them. Before I decided to go with the Women's One-A-Day I was on a prescription for Concept DHA. I had to take them right before I went to bed because they made me feel so sick and actually made me belch fish oil (TMI, I know!). If you are taking prenatals with DHA this may be what is causing you to feel that way so I would try to supplement my diet with foods containing DHA instead of necessarily taking a pill containing it but beware of what fish contain mercury.
    LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Also, I think the baby will be fine. My mom couldn't take a prenatal vitamin during her pregnancy (because she had miagraines and kidney stones) but she did take folic acid and iron pills recommended by her doctor. I have a healthy 10 year old brother so I do believe that the baby gets what they need first. I do know people who never took prenatals (and as I have said before, prenatals didn't always exist) but it's still a good idea to try to take something to make sure you don't have a deficiency (for yourself and for your baby).
    LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• The vitamins are mostly for you and not as important now as they are in the first trimester. Baby takes everything it need from you. You can skip a day or two or try a different brand. It won't harm the baby if you don't take them. The vitamins and minerals you get from food should be fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010