Stupid system!!!

A week ago I call DCF and they said I didn't qualify for medicaid yet, yesterday I went to the ER and they said my medicaid is officially in full affect, I call the OB today and they tell me it's inactive, so finally I call DCF again today and the woman says YES it IS in affect and has been since July...WTF?!!! Does anyone KNOW what's going on, because I'm officially confused....

Anyone else ever have this problem!? Especially at almost 28 weeks pregnant?

bchic24

Asked by bchic24 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had alot of issues with Masshealth a few yrs ago. I started getting bills for times when I wasnt covered but thought I was, and then it would be fine the next day. Luckily I haven't had any issued lately =)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 12:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had the same issues when I applied as well it took me 3 months before I got things straightened out
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I had a lot of issues when I first applied. I was actually denied the very first time because I had recently quit my job before I found out I was pregnant (which was not a cool idea once I realized I was pregnant but it was too late then). They counted my income even after I told them I didn't work there anymore and it drove me nuts! I didn't qualify and I couldn't even afford to go to the doctor for a visit (because in a local city the cheapest rate you can get per visit without insurance is $600.00 a visit). I didn't see the doctor until I was almost 16 weeks which meant no prenatal care until that point. I would say to continuously check into it and make sure that everything is going according to plan. I had the experience where at the Health Department they put my due date as October 4 when I told them my LMP was January 28 (due date NOVEMBER 4). I still have to straighten that out!
    LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010