She is to young?

I was thinking about buying my daughter a tea set the plastic ones of course but her father says she is to young. BTW she is going to be 2 years old in 2 months and she likes to put water inside of her blocks and drink out of them.

MsPhyllis1985

Asked by MsPhyllis1985 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No she at the perfect age for a plastic set. She will play with it for years to come. I got my daughter her first set at 2. She has expanded a great deal with her sets (from others) and plays all the time. Her imagination is great too, being she comes up with her own drinks and teas and her "friends" that come over to play to have some tea with her. My DD is now 3.5
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My dd got a kitchen set, and a tea set for Christmas last year. She had just turned 2 in November. Def not too young
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• mine had a bunch of dishes and tea set stuff at that age. Just make sure there are still no small peices she could swallow.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I got my son a tea set for his kitchen when he was two. He loves it. He will bring us cups and pretend to pour tea for us and pretend sips out of his cup. Sometimes we put real water in them. I don't think two is too young.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 12:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my daugter had a tea set for her second christmas, she was almost 2. she loves it. she grabs us by the hand and has us sit down and have tea with her. and she also likes to serve us random food items from her play kitchen. expanding their imaginations is great for learning too.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks ladies I agree with you plus I think it would be fun I told my fiance not to take the fun out of being a mom I only have one daughter lol.
    MsPhyllis1985

Comment by MsPhyllis1985 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My DD is 18 months, and her cousin (also a girl) is 22 months. They just spent the last week playing with a kitchen set thing. (Pots, pans, fake fruit/vegetables, cups, plates, etc)... they both LOVED it!! The 22 month old would pretend to cook stuff up and pretend to feed it to DD. They'd both wash the dishes, etc. I say GO for it!! I'll probably be getting DD one soon (might be moving soon, we'll wait to get new stuff until we're settled)
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010