Do these kind of mothers annoy anyone else too ?

My SIL has 3 daughters all under the age of 5. And she insists on trying to dress them alike and always dresses them up.... everytime we have a family function the girls run in, with those fluffy tutu dresses and hair bows ... the oldest started playing teeball this year and of course there mom had to make a big deal out of it and had to make hairbows to match her uniform and her other girls has to get shirts made to say " My sister is #7" in rhinestones.... and then they just did their "christmas pictures" ( yes she had them done in August) and the girls are all wearing matching fur coats...

I honestly think it is disgusting and she is trying way to hard to make them girly girls ( basically trying to make them into her) ... I think one of these days I am going to bust and tell her she is going to turn her daughters into strippers and that they will never be happy with themselves if she keeps doing this !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is harmless. I also think it is silly and sooner or later the girls will revolt. I say, sit back, smile and enjoy the show when it happens
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• And the problem is....? I have 3 boys. I have matching outfits for all of them ( I even have some matching for my husband to match the boys as well) for when we go out. We have matching family holiday pj's and matching outfits for Christmas photos. All major holidays my boys match. When my oldest was in soccer I made us all "Team Aaron" t-shirts with soccer balls on them with his #.

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think she just sounds like a doting mom.... IMO Shes not going to turn them into strippers! -that's dumb!LOL and maybe they like doing all this fancy dress up. I have a 5 year old that would rather wear her sneakers, shorts and a t-shirt. but then i have a 3 year old that would walk out of this house looking like a ballerina princess if i let her LOL- so anyhow maybe she just happens to have 2 of these dress up girly girls- it doesn't sound like they are hurting anyone so i really don't think its anyone else's business. this is JMHO.

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think she is enjoying her children. I may not get into the frilly dresses, but I am a girly girl and my girls are too. You couldn't get my 4 yr old to wear anything but a dress. I don't get why your panties are in a bunch...what is she hurting? Do her kids complain, or do they seem happy? I say let it go and get on with your own kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• eh. i have no opinion on people who do that to their kids.

my only opinion comes as a child that was made to match her younger sister always. I HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!
    its cute, sometimes.

but all the time???
    not for me.

my children will be treated (and dressed) as individuals!!!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They are little. I dress my kids in coordinating clothing (I have a 2 yo DD & 3 mo DS) when we go to church or like last weekend when we went to a wedding. Soon enough they'll tell me they don't want to match anymore and I'll stop. Her girls will do the same. Maybe they like being girly-girls for now.
    My DD refuses to wear anything but dresses 90% of the time...she also requires that her hair be fixed - with a bow - and that her nails be painted.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have 3 boys and I usually match the younger 2... if they both have something that looks similar to what their big brother is wearing, then they all three match. What's awful is when I've got 2 toddlers, a 7y/o AND DH dressed in khaki shorts and a black tee or something like that. We're weird like that, too.

When my kids are old enough to pick out their own clothes, then I won't make them match unless they want to... And, for the record, if I EVER have a girl, I will do my best to dress her "girly" until she starts complaining about it.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• What is wrong with dressing up girls girly? Isnt that what most moms want to do -- matching bows & shoes? If the girls are ok with it, then i dont see a problem. They are under 5.. so momma can dress them how she likes! Im sure one day they will dress how they like.. Even 10yo's get dolled up by their moms...
    If she was trying to make them girly girls why would she put them in baseball? Wouldnt she put them in ballet instead?
    She sounds like one of those moms Id be jealous of! LOL .... I have no clue how to make dd hair cute (like with braids or whatever)... I dont know how to make bows.. or how to create outfits people will gush over..
    She sounds like a mommy that is lovin' having girls to me
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i never dress my kids alike. i let them pick out their own clothes when they turn 2 (within reason). i think it is odd to see whole familys dressed the same, but if they want to, that is up to them.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i envy ppl with dd's because they get to dress them... someday they will rebel. my neighbors buy the whole "line" (like all the matching clothes from a season) from gymboree.. and care WAY too much about the clothes .. they basically verbally abuse the 4 yr old when he stains his clothes. so he cries when he gets ketchup on his shirt.. that bothers me more because he is going to be laughed at in school when he cries because of a stain...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010