A conversation about homosexuals. adult content

So I'm ar work waiting for my shift to start and this man just pissed me the fuck off. We watching the Steve Wilkos show && it has a lesbian couple && one is accusing the other of molesting her daughter.So he starts going in on gay ppl talkin bout they need to be locked somewhere && not be parents. That just set me off. All homosexuals do NOT molest children && for him to say that pissed me off. It was an ignorant and uneducated comment. Most children are molested by close friends && family members && the ppl who molesting are straight. We started to argue. He had the nerve to say most if not all gay people molest children. Man if I weren't pregnant I would have hit him.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Too bad you didn't take advantage of your condition to smack him! Even men know how hormonal women are during pregnancy and you could probably have gotten away with it. Oh, well, opportunity lost. While it is true that a pedophile can be of any sexual orientation, statistics prove that--tho most are male, about 97%--only about 1% are homosexuals. And most of these are probably priests (oh, no, a religious slur against the catholics!!! I'm in trouble!). http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/htm/facts_molestation.html has some information about the myth that "most" pedolphiles are gay. Print it out. Hi-light the important parts, hand it to him, and invite him to use it to go gay on his own a$$.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'd bet a paycheck he's got twink porn on his home computer. LOL
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'd assume that he's a closet homo that hates himself, and has either molested a kid (and again hates himself for it) or perhaps he was molested by his father (or other male friend/family) which of course would make him assume they're gay.

Either way, he's a dumb ass, has issues and needs mental help.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Unfortunately you can't cure stupid.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He does sound like a very uneducated man. It would have pissed me of too. I wouldn't let it bother me too much though. Most people are just set in their ways and they're never going to change their mind about homosexual people. I know a few people who have been molested and people who have molested someone else and none of them are homosexual. That's just an opinionated statement, not a fact.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• One of the many homophobics  of this world, I bet he is like that because it kits close to home!!!!!

Answer by older at 1:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I hate it when people make blanket statements like that. I'm sure there are some gay people who molest others but thats like saying all black people live in the getto, all farmers are redneck uneducated people, etc. When will people learn to take each person on their own merits instead of judging them by what someone else does.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• wow...does he not realize that the vast majority of abuse to kids is done by straight ppl? i guess when its a topic about homosexuality some ppl just cant help but be irrational...and stupid.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That is very pathetic. Majority of child molesters are STRAIGHT white men. Who are either family or close to it. Like priests, camp counselor, etc. It is sick sad, untrue, and very bigoted statement.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's scary how many people still believe this crap! And to be honest, I think shows like that one do their best to make a point out of stories like this one, because it gets them more publicity and drama... Frankly, if someone - anyone - is molesting your kid, don't call Steve Wilkos, call the police! Gay, Straight or something else, shouldn't come in to it at all... People are people are people and the idea that someone is more likely to be a sexual deviant simply because they fall in to one category or the other is just ignorant and ridiculous! At the same time, as long as story lines like this will sell magazines, books and TV shows, they will continue to be put out there and further promote these types of beliefs...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010