Can you tell me your birth story?

Not so much of a question, I just love hearing the stories of that very special day in your lives!! Please share!

SamDahlen

Asked by SamDahlen at 1:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am pregnant with my first so I do not have a personal experience but I can tell you how and where I was born...My mom was in Disney World celebrating my older sisters birthday...and since she was too young to get on any of the rides my mom got on with her (knowing that she was pregnant) well with that said she ended up going into premature labor while my sister was getting an autograph from Mickey Mouse...They had no time to take me to the hospital so i was born right there and then was air lifted to Orlando hospital my sister still has the autograph book and on the very last page is mickey mouse holding me in his arms and my sister below signed happy birthday to us both ( me and my older sister are 3 yrs and 4 days apart)
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Omgosh! that is the neatest story I've ever heard! thats really something!

Thanks for sharing!
    SamDahlen

Comment by SamDahlen (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's not really that exciting. We were 42.5 weeks with the oldest. Induction was scheduled for 3 days later & my water broke. We went to the hospital & waited for labor to start, it didn't. We induced & I got my epidural. I watched TV and slept through 16 hours of labor... Pushed for just over an hour and our oldest was born. 9lbs 5ozs, 22 in. His first act on earth was to poop on the floor and pee on the nurse! He hasn't changed much! lol!

With number 2. We had to schedule our induction at 41.5 weeks because of life circumstances. I went in that morning... We induced. When I felt my first pain they gave me an IV, it didn't do anything for the pain but I was so stoned from it I didn't care... lol! An hour later I just got the epidural & went to sleep... Again, labor was spend watching TV or sleeping... The doctor came in to check me and my son's head was crowning, I pushed once and he was out... 8lbs 4oz, 21in...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I was scheduled for an induction at 41 weeks and 2 days. At exactly 41 weeks I had my first WIC appointment & they discovered that I was leaking something, sent me to the bathroom & it was blood (Sorry for the TMI lol). They tried calling an ambulance for me but I told them it was my grandfathers wake that day & I could not miss it but I'd go in afterwards. Left WIC & went to the wake. My contractions started so I left early, went home, laid down & finally called L&D at about 10pm. They told me because of the bleeding & contractions they knew I'd be in at some point by the next day so to wait it out as long as I could. Tried sleeping, got out of bed at 4am called them again & told them there is no way in hell I can wait much longer. I was admitted by 8am, at 3:40pm the doctor lifted up the sheet to check me & my water bursted all over him lol. After 10 minutes of pushing, my beautiful DD was born at 4:57pm at 41 weeks & 1 day!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yikes! thats a pretty good one, I wonder how that poor doctor felt after you burst on him!! Thanks for your story!
    SamDahlen

Comment by SamDahlen (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Hmm... with my first I had to be induced at 39 weeks because I was in a car accident and my blood pressure shot up I went in at 6 in the morning and then got my epidural and pushed for an hour and had him at 6;24. Then with my second my water broke at 6 in the morning when I was 32 weeks and i didnt feel any pain and i was nervous so i waited to go to the doctor until like 10. they gave me stuff to stop my labor for a couple of days and i was getting steroid shots and then on the third day they took me off the meds and i started intense labor shortly after they had to get the epidural guy out of another room and bring him in cause they chekced me and i was at 5 then by the time he got there 10 mins later i was an 8 but they gave it to me anyway and as soon as it kicked in it was time to push and here she came lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my first son was born at 41 weeks, in a hospital, CNM-attended. i labored in the jacuzzi for a bit, and all over the birth suite. he was born in the bed though, semi reclined. it was amazing, painful but not too bad.

my second son was born at 33 weeks, in a hospital i did not plan to labor at. i was super stressed because i was in labor way too early, then i had to be transferred via ambulance, my son was born 5 minutes after we got to the 2nd hospital. the pain was horrible from being stuck in an ambulance during labor. also he was taken immediately to the nicu and i barely even got a glimpse. but with him being 33 weeks, i just have to be happy that he's healthy now!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• This is what happened with my 4th, born 8 weeks ago.

4:00 am water breaks while i'm sleeping, I hear a POP and a gush of water, followed by intense contractions.
    6:30 am contractions got so intense that I went to the hospital, arrived and checked in at 4cm dilated.
    8:00 am as I'm signing waiver for epidural I get the urge to push and tell the nurse. She checks me and sure enough I'm ready to push.
    8:15 am Lydia is born, also weighing 8lbs 15oz and mommy had to do it with no epidural.

So there you have it, a 4 hour labor with my 4th baby. My other 3 were in the 12-16 hours of labor range and I had epidurals with all of them.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I found out i was having a boy we named him dakota erin i went into labor on my due date which was june 29, 2009 i went in at 12:00 pm and had my son at 5 pm which i was only in labor for 5 hrs but the doctor had to break my water that was more pain then even haveing my son.. my son weighed 7 lbs 19 inches long.. he was a healthy baby boy he is now 14 months old and growing like a weed.. i also would like to say i had him all natural no drugs or anything... it was the best feeling ever..... when i have my second one i plan on having him or her natural.... loved the feeling just hated the contractions
    ryansbabygurl88

Answer by ryansbabygurl88 at 4:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010