Is first morning urine esential?

I was looking at some of the early detection preg. tests, and they have used their 'first' morning urine. Is this essential in possibly detecting the pregnancy hormone before your period is due?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 1:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes! it has the most hormone in it. The earlier your due for your period, the less of that hormone your gonna have. So if you test early, you need to do first morning. Now if your past due, you COULD use any time pee, but if you want the best answer-do it first thing in the morning!! :) It sucks to wait until then sometimes tho-trust me i've been there-but if you don't want to constatnly wanna be buying tests, you'll wait! haha
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• because you haven't peed all night while sleeping, there's more of a concentration of the hormone in the first morning's urine than if you were to say drink a bunch then pee - too diluted from all the drink.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yes, its the most consatrated, but if your late it prob shouldn't matter
    ahawkins

Answer by ahawkins at 1:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Not late yet. 3 days early! I am anxious, that's all.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• wish u d best.....
    sofi816

Answer by sofi816 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• So silly of me! I just read the directions!!!!! I am supposed to use first morning urine NOT mid day! DUH! I just wasted $13.00 on an early detection digital test! Oh well. Will try using the cheap dollar store one in the morning :)
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't think its necessarily essential.... you're just more likely to have a higher concentration of HcG in your urine first thing in the morning
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I used my mid day pee 3 days before period was due and tested positive with an EPT brand test.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Didn't take one yet....I was probably two days too soon to even be trying to take a test. According to my length of cycle, I shouldn't even test until today (which I didn't). I am just going to be patient and wait to see if I have a period this Friday.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010