Avon??

Ok so I heard about selling avon and I was just wondering if there are any other moms on here who sold avon or who sell it and I was just wondering if it is worth it and if there is anything i should know about it

ladybugky88

Asked by ladybugky88 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• i sold it for a bit but didnt have any luck.. and i found a gifting company that i work with now and make a good amount..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• AVON SUCKS TO SELL IF YOU DON'T KNOW ENOUGH PEOPLE THAT WILL BUY EVERY TIME! YOU END UP PUTTING MORE MONEY INTO IT IF YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH SALES. iF YOU HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE THEN YOU CAN DO GO AT THOUGH.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Avon is a waste of time...You have too much work to do to make anything really worth it
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LOTS of work for little $$$! If you are interested in making real $$ working from home, I can help you. www.greatworkplan.com/genegodwin

This may not be for you, but it is a lot better than Avon. My commission is now $207 per sale.
    Good luck with what ever you do!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 7:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I used to sell Avon several years ago. I really liked doing it. It only cost me $10 to start. I really didn't earn much though. I basically earned enough to get free products for myself & my family. I made an actual small profit on a couple of occasions. I really didn't go out to try to sell it though. I basically sold to a small group of family & friends. If you have the time to go out & try to sell (whether door to door, set up booths at arts & craft shows, etc), you could probably do fine. If you can get other people under you, you can earn more too. It also depends on the area you live in & the number of other Avon reps in your area. I live in a small rural area so it didn't help with sales. I quit selling Avon when I started college again & had even less time to deal with it.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I agree with rkoloms about them supporting cancer research and whatnot but yet their stuff is full of cancer causing toxins, which is why I went to the company I'm with now which manufactures all natural cosmetics, skin care, cleaning supplies, nutritional supplements, etc.. Avon is a very saturated market, I think they're pretty much tapped out unless tons of reps quit.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 3:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I chose Scentsy....too many people in my town sell Avon. I've made really good money with Scentsy, too. Even my hubby loves getting involved with it :-)

https://my2scents.scentsy.us

NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would go with a company with premium products. The skincare and wellness industry is THE one to be in now, however people are looking for products that are healthier for you.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 9:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010