Blog Research Question - For Pagans - BOS question.

Do you keep a Book of Shadows?
Is it physical, digital, online or a combination?
Do you have a personal BOS or just contribute to a group or coven BOS?
Is your BOS something you plan to pass on to your children?
Was it passed on to You?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, though I don't use the term BOS. It's a physical book, or books, actually, since it's expanded to fill several binders over the years. It is a family book, not just mine, so my children already use parts of it. They have also started their own books that they can add to as they see fit. And no, it was not passed on to me in its entirety. There are lots of things in it that were written by others, but the book, as a whole, is my own compilation.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Do you keep a Book of Shadows? Yes
    Is it physical, digital, online or a combination? Physical
    Do you have a personal BOS or just contribute to a group or coven BOS? Personal
    Is your BOS something you plan to pass on to your children? Yes
    Was it passed on to You? NO I am adding some pages I found that great grams hung onto, from her and farther down the line. The were found hidden after she passed away.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes. I have a three-ring binder which contains information I want (spells, holidays, etc.) and a file box with copies of the spells I have used, but I also keep commonly used spells on floppy discs for easy cutting and pasting to pass on to others who need them. So I guess "all of the above". I would like my daughter (who lives out of state) to have my BOS and spell books, as well as my witchy jewelry and altar pieces, when I pass...IF my ultra-christian son (who lives here in town) doesn't make a bonfire out of them before she can get her hands on them.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Do you keep a Book of Shadows? Yes I do..
    Is it physical, digital, online or a combination? It's a 3 ring binder with 3 spiral note books of different colors
    Do you have a personal BOS or just contribute to a group or coven BOS? It is personal (I am very solitary in my practice)
    Is your BOS something you plan to pass on to your children? If one of my grandchildren walk my path, yes I will share with them and eventually pass it on to them...
    Was it passed on to You? No
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Do you keep a Book of Shadows? Yes

Is it physical, digital, online or a combination? Combo of both. Unfortunately, it's spread out on two computers and I need to consolidate the digital. The written is just about as bad. I have it spread out through several notebooks and journals. 

Do you have a personal BOS or just contribute to a group or coven BOS? Personal ... don't belong to a coven. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Do you keep a Book of Shadows? Yes
    Is it physical, digital, online or a combination?  Its more physical but I do have some things I'v saved on my email that I want to add to edventualy add to my BOS book
    Do you have a personal BOS or just contribute to a group or coven BOS? Its personal. Like Gmasboy I am also very solitary in my practice
    Is your BOS something you plan to pass on to your children? If he wants to be a WiccanWitch or a PaganWitch like the rest of the family then yes I will pass it on to him. If he doesn't want to follow my path then if I ever have any other children and they want to follow my path then I will pass it on to them.
    d on to You? No

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 11:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• somehow the was it passed on to you part of the question was cut off when I was trying to answer sorry
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 11:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010