Is this Normal

i was wondering if anybody ever felt this way with thier first child, i dont go out that much but when i do i have a great time but then feel guilty that i ak away from him and i dread returning home becaus of the tantrums and screaming and stuff. Dont get me wrong i love my son and everything but i just wan to make sure this us normal feeling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It was not normal for me, but it wasn't normal for our children to throw tantrums and scream, either. We disciplined our children for that sort of behavior and so we didn't see much of it. I understand your not wanting to be around it, but you have to understand that you have the power to change the atmosphere in your home. Now is the time to do it, too. Children don't outgrow bad behavior. They have to be trained to give it up. The longer you wait to start, the more chaotic is going to be your home and the more you are not going to want to be with your own children.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yep normal for me anyways. My son goes to his nana's every friday night and by that time I am ready for him to go, then I miss him like crazy when he is gone and dread when he comes back mainly b/c of the tantrums. Its only a phase for our lil ones soon it will get better
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Not sure if it is normal, but I know that I went through that for awhile. Especially when I went out with friends who had no children, and could come and go as they pleased. I would occasionally almost feel jealous of them and what they had, but then I had to remind myself of what I had and how much I love my children, and how it was so much better then what they had. I was also a lot younger when I went through this, in my early 20's, which I think also had something to do with it.
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• not normal here.
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 1:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, it's normal. Whenever my daughter stays with her grams or mamaw and the hubs asks if me if I want him to go get her, I usually say no. lol! Although I miss her to pieces. I totally understand where you're coming from.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 2:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Little ones have a hard time learning to express themselves with words. You can help! When your child is having a tantrun, speak sorftly. Let him know how much you love him. Remind him that when you leave, for "grown up time" you always come home because you love him, and you miss him when you are out.
    Everyone needs friends!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2010