Blog Research Question - For Pagans - BOS question II.

For those who keep a BOS ONLY!

How do you keep organized & what goes in to your BOS?
Do you include research & history, or is it simply for personal/magickal records?
What advice would you give to someone just starting a BOS?

IF you keep a physical book, did you buy a premade BOS, create your own or something else??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I use thick three ring binders so that I can add, move and remove things as needed. They are organized by subject with tab dividers. One book contains all of the "working" information - rituals, spells, symbols, chants, magik, dreamwalking, working with spirit guides, energy work, magickal herbs, gemstones, etc. The other book is the inspiration/religion book and contains stories, poems, songs, crafts, prayers, activities, etc. I include anything and everything that I want to do in the future, that I've done in the past, and/or that inspires me or makes me think. And that's exactly the advice that I would give someone who was just starting out...keep a binder or file with anything and everything that evokes a response so that you can explore the topic. If you really like the idea of a "pretty" BOS, you can transfer the things that mean the most to you to a permanent book later on, but start by saving everything that moves you.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Not really pagan but I'll answer.

How do you keep organized & what goes in to your BOS? Yes, I have all sorts of stuff history, research, astral projection, herbology, readings, spells, correspondences, all gods, etc.
    Do you include research & history, or is it simply for personal/magickal records? Both
    What advice would you give to someone just starting a BOS? Organize as you go. Otherwise organizing after you get every thing takes for ever. The more info and research the better, even if it is not your own belief system it never hurts to know others as well, but put it in a general section.

IF you keep a physical book, did you buy a premade BOS, create your own or something else?? 3 ring binder w/ protectors and dividers.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• How do you keep organized & what goes in to your BOS? I keep a journal that has the blessings I've written in it and who they were written for. I keep a notebook that has various info like candle colors, Tarot meanings, layouts and readings and things like that. Anything I find that is important to me goes in the notebook.

What advice would you give to someone just starting a BOS? Don't fret over it. There are no set rules (IMO) of what to put in it. It's supposed to be about what's important to you and your magickal experiences.

IF you keep a physical book, did you buy a premade BOS, create your own or something else?? I made my own. I took a three-ring binder and decorated it the way I liked it. It's very cool. The journal for my blessings/spells is one of those with the black paper that you have to use the metallic gel pens. I bought it years ago when they were just starting to be popular and finally found a use for it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• How do you keep organized & what goes in to your BOS? Mine isn't really organized, which I should do. Everything goes in my BOS. Spells, dreams, tarot readings, the works.

Do you include research & history, or is it simply for personal/magickal records? Both. I've got a lot of research and stuff from when I was first learning about Wicca and Paganism.

What advice would you give to someone just starting a BOS? Find something that you like to keep your BOS in, but if you decide to change it later, don't freak out.

IF you keep a physical book, did you buy a premade BOS, create your own or something else?? Right now, I just use a big three-ring binder, but I'm working on making a wooden spine and cover that I can burn designs into. It'll still be bound with 3 large rings, but it'll look a little better.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• How do you keep organized & what goes in to your BOS? Its not completly organized yet but I do like that three-ring binder idea. lots of things go into my BOS I dont think I could list them all here.
    What advice would you give to someone just starting a BOS? I would say what SpiritedWitch said

IF you keep a physical book, did you buy a premade BOS, create your own or something else?? My son's dad bought me a journal book but I made it my BOS. If something happens to it or when it gets all filled up with information then I'm geting a three-ring binder or order a beautiful BOS I found on an online pagan store.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010