Update on: "My husband just told me he's gay!"

Ok...I'm getting divorced and will be moving (to my home state, closer to family) with my kids in December. My husband is the one who just "came out of the closet" a few weeks ago and it's getting pretty unbearable around here because he won't stop talking to and about his new partner.

I have nothing at all against gay people in general, but this is the man I've been married to for 11 years, so it's a little different. He is still a good dad and will be seeing his kids every other weekend until our current house sells...then he will move where we are, obviously not living in the same house.

What can I do to pass the time until then and keep my mind off of it until then? Our marriage has been over for awhile, so I'm ready to "move on with my life", start dating, etc... I've been going to a movie every Tuesday by myself...I'm kind of trying to re-invent, find myself. HOW CAN I DO THAT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• you cam go out with friends. star meeting new people also you can work on hobbies or stuf you like. a walk in the park. i think it is goign to be so much easier when you are at your home town with your family. that way you can send time with them. try going to the mall or any where you like. spend time alone away from everythign. spend time with your kids think about how you were before you were married and stuff
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think you need to be honest with him. Tell him that while you have nothing against him, you really don't need to hear about his new partner. If it was a woman, would you let him tell you all about it?
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i know that is hard for you and im so sorry to hear that, but go out and do what u loved doing when you were single!! just enjoy the single life bc i can imagine 11 years is a long time! just have fun, u dont have to date just go out and have fun! you dont have to start dating just meet people to hang out with! good luck
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• oh and you are a lot better than i would be!! i would tell him straight up i dont wanna hear that nasty crap!!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• do something for yourself for a change-.remember: you are woman first. as mothers, we forget about yourselves at times. you know the real you trying to come out ,-so make the change from the old you to the new you. that's what reinventing yourself is all about. life is like a game. the rules changes every day.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• dive right into your life, make a list of fun things to do and get friends to come and join the fun. And so sorry about your marriage, I just cant image that.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:02 AM on Aug. 11, 2010