If a prositute is a person that gets paid for sex, what is the difference between a porn star and a prostitute?

I think both "occupations" are immoral and wrong, but I wonder why prostitution is illegal but porn isn't? Is it simply for the fact that they can't tax the prostitutes? It seems like a double standard to me. Thoughts?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 1:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the difference is that while porn stars are paid for sex, they aren't being paid by each person to actually have sex with them.

while I think both are morally wrong, I think neither should be illegal. If the guy really wants to pay for sex and the woman is willing and consenting, let him!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think they are both icky but I agree with dark faery
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Well, first, let me state I don't see an issue with either and don't think either should be illegal. I believe brothels should be legal everywhere - just not street walking...

However, the difference is that Porn Stars are NOT being paid for the ACT of sex, they are paid for the video taping and promotion of their sex act. While Prostitutes are paid for the ACT itself.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They are both yukky. I don't think there needs to be any laws against either one. Just "laws against stupid men who like that kind of stuff" , really!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There isn't any difference. Neither are tasteful or morally sound.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have to agree w/ SabrinaMBowen above .
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• porn stars are prostitutes who get paid to be filmed, in my opinion.
    sha-sha138

Answer by sha-sha138 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010