How do you feel about Dollar Stores? And I mean ones that really ARE dollar stores!

I just L♥VE them! I think they are so fun! I get a kick out of finding fun toys, decorations, candy/food and anything else for dirt cheap. And it's a blast to see the smile on my kid's face. Honestly, I go for ME though!!! How do you feel about them?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 1:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• all I've really bought there are toys for the kids (they get to take their change they collect there and buy stuff) They like being able to get several items at once.
    The quality of the toys sucks, but since my kids are known to be a bit rough on their toys anyways, I'd rather them break something that just cost a $1
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't shop according to labels. So I enjoy the dollar store. We were in one the other day to get some hair accessories for my daughter. I got so much for the money I paid. Sometimes the Dollar Store has some really good deals that are just way better than any grocery store.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 1:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If you look around you can find some bargins, but you need to know your prices of things both in there and the regular stores to compair. I myself never buy electrical things, just don't seem to trust them, and I also watch the # of itemes or ozs. in a box or container. Other than that, I do like to shop there for certain items. I get paper items, cards, frames, Newspapers, small 7 watt lights, votive candles. There are quite a few little things that are a bargain. You just have to shop with your eyes open really good.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• the mechanical things such as toys are not worth it but things that dont have to have the mechanical involved, are great. i picked up yard decorations and makeup! as long as the kids pick out coloring books, bubbles or something simple like that, to where it wont break, is great also
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Somethings, well worth getting at the DOLLAR store. Other things...not at all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Honestly-it depends on what I'm looking for, crayons, index cards, paper, pens, pencils, stickers, tape, etc. Doesn't matter where I buy it or the brand. It will be fine no matter what. Somethings like cleaners I've learned over the years it's cheaper to buy name branded in bulk because it really does last longer, and therefore cheaper, then the cheap, dollar, knock-offs.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I shop at Dollar Tree for cleaning supplies and things for the kitchen and snacks. I don't usually buy toys there though.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stocking stuffers, cheap summer toys, rainy day toys, some other items are really nice but you have to watch what you buy.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i like some things from there but i buy them knowing and expecting them not to last that long lol.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't shop at the dollar stores because you typically get what you pay for.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010