Would you eat it?

I just noticed the expiration date on my Campbell's Chunky soup is January 06, 2010..... um... that was what 7+ months ago? It all looks normal, smells "normal" (can't say this ever really smells GREAT, it's not like home made soup). Would you eat it?

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 1:54 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It seems to me that I read that the exp date is for quality and that the quality may not be as good after that. My exp date cut off is a year.

Answer by Bmat at 2:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'd eat it!
    Sparkle97

Answer by Sparkle97 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yea especially if the can is still good, like not dented....now if it was 1.5 or 2 yrs thats my cut off. lol
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• ewwwww no..i dont eat anything if its expired..i dont even like eating stuff if its close to the expiration date..but thats me, im weird that way
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Absolutely not. There's an expiration date for a reason.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yeah i probably would... a couple of months for a canned good isn't that much... a couple of years is another story!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yeah, I'd eat it. I'd of course check the can to make sure it wasn't damaged - dented or bulging in spots. And also just smell it when you pour it out of the can. If it smells funky, don't eat it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• This is one of the "To Go" type "cans" that you just take the top off and stick the whole thing in the microwave. I can't say it looks or tastes "good".... but I imagine this is "normal".
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No i would not...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• No, but I'm paranoid about stuff like that. It's probably fine, but I wouldn't do it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010