I feel teribble!I want my son out of my house!

My son was a good student,nice to be around,and careing!Now hes 17 grades ds and Fs. He started acting up , when he first went to highschool,now a Jr.hes into drugs.drinking,and very disgrateful! I didnt bring him up like this!I dont know what to do.?

Lori2929

Asked by Lori2929 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Be there for him, don't abandon him! Maybe he's acting up because he knows you want him out of the house...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• counseling, rehab or the highway
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Maybe something has happened to trigger this behavior or he's trying to push your buttons in order to know you're "still Mommy" to him. I would definitely talk to him. Are other people in the house affected by his behavior? If so, they get a say in all this too. If not maybe he's trying to break free but inappropriately. I agree some sort of counseling is required. If he's doing these things and being awful to you, it's great to find out why, but you have EVERY RIGHT to get someone else's help in standing up for yourself and your home, even if it's just the two of you. Start with school counselor. If that doesn't help, find a local counselor. If that doesn't work, boot him out til rehab. HE's making decisions to screw up right now. And it's okay for you to let him go, as long as he knows he can always come back when he wants a healthy relationship with his Mom. Good luck!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Be there for him...but that includes reporting his under age drinking and drug use to the athorities. If you wont love him enough to do it who will?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Give him a choice to respect you and your home. Set rules and bounderies and stick to them.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• contact jamesangell2008@yahoo.com hes a counselor, my husband. hes very helpful! trust me.
    Anonymous

• Tough love!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2008