do I need a double stroller?

My son will be 3 yrs old when my new baby will born. Do I need a double stroller? which kind is the good one? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would use a one seat stroller and a Moby Wrap or a sit and stand stroller.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have one and really only use it anymore for walking around the park or neighborhood. I only used it in stores a couple of times because even in the bigger ones, there seemed to be almost no room to maneuver. I have the Graco stoller where my baby rode in her infant carseat in the back toward the handle and my son was in the front seat. It is fine for what I use it for.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Can the 3 yr old not walk?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There are these sit and stand strollers and they are pretty cool, theres a platform on the back for the one to stand and the seat for the baby
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• At three they still like to sit sometimes. You can plan on holding the baby during those times, but a stroller is much more convenient, especially when shopping. So I'd say yes on a stroller that can hold both children. The one we had, which I doubt is made anymore, the back of the seat could drop down, and I could put the baby in front and the toddler could still sit.

Answer by Bmat at 2:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• mine are like 2yrs apart. i used a stroller. if it was a situation my oldest HAD to sit i used a sling for the baby. other then those few occasions my oldest walked and was more then happy helping me push the stroller. made her feel important and that she was helping with her brother.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• @Coder_Chick: Three year olds do not have the leg strength nor the stamina to keep up with an adult f you are going to be out walking all day and some like to sit and other like to nap. My son rode in one occasionally until age 5. He wasn't lazy and he did walk if need be...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I bought the Graco Duo Glider, since my daughter will be 22 - 23 months when her little sister arrives and she is still a napper. But if your son isn't used to being in the stroller or can handle walking for awhile then I wouldn't waste my money on one if you don't HAVE too.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010