How do you handle toys?

We live in a 3 story town house. My 3 oldest girls 13, 11, and 10 sleep in the basement, there is a bedroom and family room down there, 2 girls share the bedroom and the other has a corner of the L shaped family room. We have a Living Room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry closet on the main floor. My son and youngest daughter have their own rooms upstairs where our bedroom is.

My question is whrere should they keep their toys? I prefer my son and youngest daughter to keep their things in their room because they have the majority of the toys. But everything seems to gravitate to the main floor and basement. Which makes cleanup a huge task.

Should I just let them keep the things that have gravitated in those rooms and just make a space for them, or make the kids take the things back to the bedrooms?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Home & Garden

• My two girls ages 7 and 8 have to haul it upstairs b/c there's a storage room we use for toys. They have several storage bins in there to toss toys in so there is no reason they can't pick up. Maybe allow only 5 toys each and they won't have so much to haul off.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 5:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would personally keep it in the main room it ends up in. Make clean up a game, who ever cleans up thier area the fastest and neatest gets a surprise. the reward can be anything you want to give them.
    LianasMomma

Answer by LianasMomma at 11:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2008