My daughter is 3mo. old- and has this dry skin (not cradle cap) on her head...its in her hair, towards the front- its kind of yellowish, but white when wet- what is this???

i just saw it today- i'm not super concerned, i thought it was dry skin- like excema...not sure though- its kind of yellowish in color....

sweetescape88

Asked by sweetescape88 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Kids' Health

• it sounds like cradle cap.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That is Cradle Cap.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That's cradle cap.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• even though you say now im sure its cradle cap. mine got it too. its not a big big deal.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It is cradle cap...
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• i thought cradle cap was towards the back of the head.... is their something i can do for this?
    sweetescape88

Comment by sweetescape88 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• sounds like cradle cap.... when my DD was an infant she had some not bad just had some here and there. what I did was put baby oil on her head for about 10 mintues and then comb it out with her infant comb and then gave her a bath and it never came back... if you do use the baby oil make sure you ar least wash the babys head after or give them a bath..I hope this helps
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 2:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• thanks :)
    sweetescape88

Comment by sweetescape88 (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• they sell in the store special lotion for cradle cap- ill probally try that :)
    sweetescape88

Comment by sweetescape88 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's cradle cap. When my kids got it, I washed their hair, then used a fine-toothed baby comb and gently combed the scalp. I'd run the comb through several times, then re-wash the hair. It may take a few times to get rid of it, but it's really not a big deal.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:16 PM on Aug. 10, 2010