Does anyone have a problem with their SO's/DH's ex?

I am generally a even keeled person but I hate my SO's ex. Their son came to live with us last fall because she couldn't handle him. She couldn't get him to school on time (too busy sleeping), he was failing because she didn't make sure he did his homework. He later was diagnosed with Asperger's and she missed the meeting with school. She was the only one who could go because I was in the hospital having our son. She texts my SO that she misses him but hasn't bothered to see him in 2 months. She also didn't bother to get him on the weekends during the school year. She used to always ask my SO for money even though he paid child support because she spent all of hers on tattoos and pot. I hate her. Anyone else have this problem?

KandDsmama1

Asked by KandDsmama1 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• You have the child now. Time to live and let go.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Nope, My Dh doesent have kids with any of them, just me! But the girl b4 me was crazy and b4 we met he had to put Resraining order on her bc she was nuts!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sounds like it might be time to file for full time custody of your step-son. She's proven she's a neglegent (sp) parent.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• NO,I never have.But,it seems to me that she could have a substance abuse problem.You don't say how old he is,but no matter what,that is her son.You need to sit down with him and let him know that his mom loves him very much,but she's not able to see him right now.And please,don't talk bad about her in front of him.If she's not making any attempt to see him,I wouldn't go for the custody thing right yet.Just wait & see what happens.Good luck!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 6:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I never talk about her in front of him. I'm not that stupid. We already have custody of him. I have actually encouraged that he call her at least once a week to keep a relationship with her. I may not like her but its not about me. He doesn't have much interest in seeing her. Oh, he is 10 by the way.
    KandDsmama1

Comment by KandDsmama1 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010