Potty Training Regression Part II

I posted in the past about my son's potty training regression. He was totally potty trained for 6 weeks now he totally wants nothing to do with it. I keep reading conflicting reviews about whether I should put pull ups on him or stick it out. What do you think?

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my oldest we tried potty training off and on but I think we must have went about it the wrong way. She regressed very badly and didn't end up potty trained until 1 month before she turned 4. Shocking I know but it just wasn't going to happen until she was ready. Someone once told me not to force it. That it will be like one day switching the lights on. I didn't believe them but that's how it happened. One day she woke up and decided to be a big girl. Now with my 1 year old I'm not even going to attempt to potty train until age 2 and even then not really unless she's ready. That's just when I'm going to introduce the potty to her. Good luck!
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 2:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Stick it out...regression happens. Be consistent and no pull-ups.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Ugh, I think pull-ups are probably one of the worst products.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:34 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• thats what I originally thought and that they are confusing to kids...but I keep getting advice to put them on..I don't want to confuse him but I don't want him to feel pressured either...
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• He's regressing...doesn't mean you have to. I'd keep pull ups on him at night and cloth potty training pants on him during the day. GL mama.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 2:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010