Anyone know of where i can get free house plans

I'm looking for free house plans or a reasonable architect in the nj area to design a house and business for me

Myni

Asked by Myni at 2:26 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• The library has a multitude of house plans! Just be aware that some are copyrighted, and you may have to pay a fee to the author prior to construction. A builder may also charge you to draw up actual blueprints/bills of materials/etc. because often the plans aren't detailed enough to actually complete construction. Many builders/subcontractors own their own blueprints, and will allow you to use them at no cost, and even allow certain changes.

If you're doing this on your own, just make sure that there isn't a copyright.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Visit a local model home. They usually have the builder's floor plans available for you to look at. I used to work for a home builder and we would use any competitor's floor plan if the customer asked us to. We would just modify it slightly so that we didn't infringe upon their copyrights or get accused of stealing their plans.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks ladies I need the same information
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:38 PM on Aug. 10, 2010