What in the heck happened in the news today to create the multitude of gay marriage questions on Cafemom today????? I must be out of the loop...

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• CA's gay marriage ban was declared unconstitutional by a federal court last week. Expect it to be in the news until people get over it and understand that they aren't allowed to legislate their religion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Someone realized Ellen married Portia and all hell broke lose.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• OH NO looks like I touched a nerve all well. If your going to cry please do so over AZ we need the rain.

Shhhh don't say AZ or we'll get more illegal immigrant questions.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:22 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• There always seems to be a multitude of gay marriage questions.
    And I always answer them the same way--It doesn't matter who you love, you have the right to marry the one you love, as long as they are of the age of consent. male or female.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I just noticed that there are like 50 today hahaha. I thought something happened out tehre that I had not heard about
    BriHan06

Comment by BriHan06 (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Prop 8 out in California was over turned and now of course there is controversy over whether its constitutional yadda yadda yadda. I don't care who you marry. Your marriage to whoever does not impact my marriage or the sanctity of it I am a fiscal conservative, but fairly moderate on social issues. I think this whole debate is ridiculous and is perpetuated by homophobics who refuse to wake up and realize its just none of their business! (At least that's what I think is why there's so many questions!) *stepping off soap box now*
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• election season!!!

We have a primary coming up in September and our Demo said he will support a same sex marriage law IF the house passes one and it winds up on his desk. Our Rep. said he will not support that same law if it wound up on his desk as marriage is between a Man and a Woman.

This election will be sole decided on Same Sex Marriage issues. The war, the economy everything else will take a back seat to this issue in the primaries
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:32 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It is getting repeitious isn't it.. I think everyone has covered it and had their say. I hope it ends soon. I think my blood pressure goes up every time someone says "God hates the sin but loves the sinner" and all those lame little phrases. arghhhh....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It's been for weeks now..
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Once it's final it will die down.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010