Is there something special you are thinking about your kids for christmas?

I have a daughter that is 2 and one that will be 5 by christmas. I was just starting to get ideas for a chrismas list for the rest of the family and for me. They are starting to get into the Zhu Zhu pets, but I'm not sure yet.

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Holidays

• My dd is going to be 3 and I want to get her a Leapster. Her brother (10) has a PSP and she is constantly trying to get her hands on it, so I think a Leapster will be the perfect gift for her.

My son is really into "pool" so we will probably get him his own pool cue
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes, we got my little girl a Leapster when she was 4 and she loves it but wants a DS.
    Trinitysmom1205

Comment by Trinitysmom1205 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I bought the ZhuZhu pets for my kids and they LOVED them for about 15 minutes. That is it. They haven't touched them since. Plus if kids put them on their heads it can and will rip out their hair. OUCH!
    I mean they really were a waste of money.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't know about all the smaller things yet, but my son will be 6 by xmas and his big gifts are going to be a laptop and a Nintendo DS. Our daughter will only be less than 2 months old and I'm not sure what we'll buy for her yet.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Sorry... I got off the subject. I am definitely going to buy my oldest some art supplies, he has become obsessed with manga. And for the other two I have no idea.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Honestly, with DH being out of work for almost a year now, I'm trying not to even think about Christmas. I have wanted to get him one of those cameras made for pre-schoolers (he's 3), but right now it's not looking good. We will probably have a very small Christmas this year unless DH finds something quick.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My 2.5 yo is getting a drum set, and I think I'm going to get my DS13 a netbook. Other than that, I don't have any real plan, I usually wait until closer to Christmas because it seems they change their minds so often. (They are 14, 13, 13, 10, and 2.5)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have no idea. Our son's birthday is Dec. 16th and we are going to do a weekend trip to Chicago again this year for that. Other than that, I'm not sure. His DS was stolen at camp this summer but he still has all of the games so maybe we'll get him a new one. He's very much into Toy Story but he has pretty much all of the stuff from that. lol Maybe he'll have a new love by then and we can stock up on that stuff.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 10:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think hubs & I will take them to Great Wolf. (Giant indoor/outdoor water park). And inside the park is a day spa for adults & kids, party room with computers, karaoke, restaurants..... spendy! but FUN!

Kahne
    www.31bagsonline.com
    Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 8:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We are thinking about getting the RC car from Toy Story. It is a really big one and it is about 80.00. I am going to pick it up tomorrow!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010