is it possible for a man to accuse you of being unfaithful and a cheat. even though you are not doing anything wrong in the relationship but being faithful and honest. could he still make your mind think you are doing something wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. These are signs of an abusive or controlling man, that is most likely cheating on you. I have experienced it first hand, my second husband was like this. I found that I was constantly defending myself about things I had never done!! Turns out he was the one cheating and his guilt got to him, he knew what he was doing and what lies he was telling so he turned it around as if it were me doing it. It's a manipulation tactic to take the spot light off of the wrong things they are doing, and instead of you having the time to accuse him, you spend all your time defending yourself against his false accusations. I'd say you have some big time problems in your marriage and either counseling is needed, or you need to leave. Do not waste your time and your life in a bad relationship defending yourself from things you have not done. It's a miserable way to spend your life.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My ex-dh did this for 8 months...turns out he was cheating on me with a co-worker.

It's called distraction. If they accuse you, it makes them feel that they are in the clear.

And they can only make you think what you allow them too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I definitely think it is possible for men to do that! And, I think it is one of their favorite techniques to keep you away from the fact that they are stepping out, or want to!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Those who do are usually guilty of something themselves.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It is possible. Usually, it's the controlling type who lets his imagination get away from him and misinterprets an innocent situation.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I agree, when they are the accusers without reason it's usually to hide their own indiscretions.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• maybe his insecurities is showing. if he has you on lock , why do he have to trip.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That's probably the intent of the accusations. That and to throw you off his trail if he's doing what he's accusing you of doing.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:23 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• you mean he accuses you so much you start to believe you're doing something?? that's really twisted - that's a serious mind game. he's probably cheating himself but even if he's not, he's sick puppy to try to mess with you that much
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• If you he is making you think you are doing something wrong, it is emotional abuse. He is putting it in your head that you are not as good as you know you are, and he is beating you down for it. I know this may be hard, but you need to get out. Get out now!! Who knows what he will be blaming on you next.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010