Can you guess what a baby's personality will be like based on how they act in the womb?

for example, if your baby is very active in the womb will they be very active after they are born?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 2:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've found that to be true,yes.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My oldest and middle children were very active in the womb, and are very active now. The youngest was totally mellow in the womb and still is.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I asked my Pediatrician that & he said "bust in, busy out". & he was RIGHT!!! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yeah. .. my girl is really laid back, she was like that in the womb. My boy (who I am STILL pregnant with) is very jumpy, he startles easily. I bet he's not going to be as laid back!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I can only go by my son, he was a fireball when I carried him! Constantly kicking, rolling, punching, I swear sometimes you could see his little feet he would push on my stomach so hard!
    And he is 10 now, and still a fireball!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My played opposites. My son was pretty quiet in the womb. You cannot stop the child for more than 5 seconds now. Five seconds is a good day, lol. My daughter was an active little thing in the womb. Though she's not as high energy as her brother, she's MUCH more active than I expected.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• My kids fit their personalities in womb and out of womb perfectly!

My son is chill, laid back...but fun. My dd would NOT stop moving....she hasnt stopped yet and she is 5! LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:07 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I'm not sure how much of it actually has to do with the child's personality, and how much gets influenced by your parenting response. My DD was pretty mellow in the womb, and she's still mellow. But how much of her mellow behavior now has to do with me treating her like a mellow kid?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• good point coderchick
    the old nurture vs. nature debate :) Its probably a bit of both
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my dd was a kicker in my womb and she is still a kicker...her little legs are always on the go..lol we keep saying she is gunna be our soccer player or track star. she is 2 mon old now
    kvaneyk

Answer by kvaneyk at 3:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010