I feel like my ribs are getting bruised!

I have a pretty long torso so I'm kind of surprised that it feels like the baby is all up in my ribs... I'm obviously carrying up high...
I have tried pushing the baby down but its getting harder to do the bigger she gets.
Any other tips to increase my comfort level?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 2:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Put two pillows behind you on the couch when you sit down at night on your lower back. Then lean back. That should give you some relief for a while. Also, get on all fours and just sit like that for a while. the baby repositioning feels AMAZING. Hope to have helped!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• kid 2 was in my ribs the last half of my prego with her and i was always having to push her down you wont hurt anything she is in a bubble of water, laying down or the pillows that amber said might help.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 3:04 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• my middle child always kicked my ribs and no advice I just dealt with it...No matter what i did nothing worked!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• "Is this your first child? It takes your muscles a little bit to adjust to your babies size. You are trying to push your baby down? Seriously? I would be really careful. Where do you think the baby is going to go? Outside your womb? Be careful not to hurt that delicate developing baby. "

I have to laugh. Baby is well protected and you're not going to hurt her by pushing her down. We'd have a lot more injured babies if that's all it took to hurt them.

Glad hands and knees works, that's what I was going to suggest. The only other thing I can think of is to go swimming if you get the chance. The weighlessness feels great and like hands and knees helps baby get in a good position.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Is this your first child? It takes your muscles a little bit to adjust to your babies size. You are trying to push your baby down? Seriously? I would be really careful. Where do you think the baby is going to go? Outside your womb? Be careful not to hurt that delicate developing baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yeah my first... i'm not like man-handling the baby or anything... if I rub my tummy she will move down (at least for a little while) or over (she likes to curl up on my right side so I'll lay on my left side and gently rub til she scoots more to the front). I'm not pushing hard enough to hurt her... I'm not rubbing any harder than I would massage a baby sitting on my lap so I'm sure its fine... I've seen midwives and doulas do a lot worse! haha

anyway, thanks for the idea of getting on all fours Amber211! That feels great!!!
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010