How do you feel about the proposed bill...

to have the Congress in paid recess from the November elections until January?

I'm having difficulty finding a moderate source on the matter, but I'll link you to what I've seen so far.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmmmm....I can only imagine what stunts they would pull in that time frame--knowing they are being booted out!! I say....NO WAY!!!

Kind of reminiscent of The Clinton's leaving the White House!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• How about Congress do what the rest of us have to do when we get "laid off".....FIND a new job
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I don't think they should be paid through the recess. that's not fair at all. Wasting money.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• don't see any conservatives behind it, tho! Just sayin!

YUP!! Because it's NOT the fiscally conservative way to run a government.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They are complaining about extending unemployment payments for us! Now they want to have a paid leave? They make enough of our money the way it is. They have an all expense paid extravagant insurance plan. They get paid to travel and paid housing, they get paid to go to meetings away from the capital and now they want this. GREEDY! I hope people pay attention to this, especially during election time. Republican and Democrat alike. They are selfish egotistical people. Time for more change!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• NO! Those jackasses have way too much work to do to allow themselves a paid three month vaca.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• They won't mandate paid vacations for all american workers but they expect us to pay for thier vacation time? Fuck that.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:10 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I am on the fence on this one. I do understand (and mostly agree with) why they want to do this. I think that paying all of them for a 2 month recess is ridiculous, yet, typical. On the other hand, paying them for that time would be less than the taxes that a lame duck democrat congress could conceivably impose on us.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:19 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Not even no... BUT, HELL NO! I think they should all get pay cuts and their staff force shaped.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thanks lovin!

I think they are wasting money, and trying to delay for their own benefit..they assume they will have more votes on their side them (may be true, may not)..However, the American people voted the CURRENT congress in there to WORK...not to WAIT and SEE if they can win some more votes

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010