work

ok my so says i dont have to work, he can pay the bills with his job. this is fine but we are just making it, we got in debt and thought we would be out by now, but something always comes up and keeps us there, i was wondering what jobs i can do from home to help out and not feel like a burden.

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 2:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are a couple of groups here on CM for freelance or WAH info you might want to check out.

cafemom.com/group/109164; cafemom.com/group/110650

Here are some others I've heard of, I don't know much about them except that a few of my friends have worked for some of them in the past and said they offer legitimate WFM opportunities. Most are call centers:

Alpine

Arise

Live Ops

West at Home

Working Solutions

Hope this helps & good luck with your search.
    apaxton

Answer by apaxton at 3:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Thats how we are so I did go back to work and we are still playing catch up with alot of things coming up but I am loving having my own check...I never had luck with work at home jubs..maybe child care?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Other then child care, ebay, etc the next best thing would be to make saving money your job. Example: Get on the phone and get estimates regarding your home/auto insurance. If you get a better rate that saves you $400 a year that's a nice wage for a couple of hours of work. If you have older vehicles that the value is only $1000 can you drop it down to liability only? That saved us $500 per year. Again a nice "wage" for an hours worth of work.

Do you have crafts that have been piling up and never done? Try doing them and using them as presents for birthdays or Christmas. Again a nice savings and hopefully its something you enjoyed doing. Clear out all the extra stuff from your home and have a yard sale. It may only make a few hundred but again how much time do you have invovled in it?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:06 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Almost all home businesses or direct sales require a start-up investment. Have checked the local and online job boards for telecommuting jobs? You could also try freelance writing. It would take a while to get established, but you could build a nice portfolio for yourself. Are you creative or crafty? You could try your hand at making things and selling them at craft shows or on Etsy?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• check out my journal on my profile..how i make money from home..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• That's why I started as well. My hubby's job pays the bills but it was getting tight. I figured I was home with the girls so why not make some money while they nap :-).
    I have a Home Business with Ameriplan. They offer Daily Pay, Benefits, Training, No cold calling or selling and they are a BBB rated company. You can click here for some more info if you're interested. You can also listen to some info at http://www.dailychecksathome.com/

Good Luck :-)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 4:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Here is what I do. You can work as much or as little as you please. www.greatworkplan.com/genegodwin if you have any questions, just ask!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 7:28 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

This is how I help my hubby with the bills. I LOVE working with Scentsy!!! Let me know if I can help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010