I have some old art...

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give a ball-park estimate of the worth of these prints. So... art/antique appraisers - PM me? Here's what I have

Currier & Ives reprinted lithograph made specifically for the Mid-Continent Telephone System (there were only 3 made for them, and guess who has all three?)

Some paintings of oriental women (looks like something you would find in a restaurant)

Ok, that's all. I can send pics later, and give more details if you PM me... help?
**Posted in Just for Fun b/c there's no section for "Professional Opinion Needed")

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can check on eBay for what art like this has gone for. Sign up as a member (free) and go to advanced search. Put in some search terms and then click on completed listings. It will show you what similar things have sold for. Change up the search terms as often as you like to find others.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:02 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Most art and antique dealers will do an appraisal for free if you just bring it to them. You can also auction them off and the highest bid will determine the true value.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:40 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Haha, free appraisal? Not around here... we're talking almost $200 for an appraisal. AAAAnnndd... I live in the kind of area that no one would appreciate the value of the prints enough to look twice at auction. Just sayin, there's a bunch of redneck hillbillies (banjo music) around here. I'm trying out-of-state dealers that sell prints similar to mine, just wondering what kind of figures I should be looking at.
    MunchiesMom324

Comment by MunchiesMom324 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Just put them on EBay and see how high they bid up (you can set a minimum). They are only worth that the market will bear ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:11 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• what the market will bear .. (oops)
    tasches