Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

worried about the baby

so i went and got a blood test done yesterday and it was 36 and any thing over a 30 is yes, well now I'm bleeding like a normal monthly. i was SO HAPPY and i should be about 4 weeks to 5, there's no pain a little discomfort. has any one ever had a false positive with the blood test or is this all normal, i cant really get to the DR right away with out goin to the hospital, i really want every thing to be OK, and my friend says i should worry to much. I already lost one baby i dont know if i could handle another one.


Asked by Manda_Evans at 3:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 10 (382 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • You need to call your Dr and go in.

    Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • you should atleast call your dr.

    Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • I would call the doctor

    Answer by .sarahbelle. at 3:46 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • You really should call your doctor. I started bleeding heavily at 13 weeks (placenta previa), but I think you have to be further along for that explanation. (I did end up with a healthy baby.) You can get another blood test performed and that will let you know what (if anything) is going on.

    Answer by Scuba at 3:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • call your doc

    Answer by devinalexis at 3:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • I started bleeding at about 7-8 weeks with both of my kids. I had a mild form of plecenta previa, th placenta had attached partially covering my cervix, but as time went on the placenta moved and I vaginally delivered a healthy girl and a few year later, a boy. But call your doctor to be sure, with your history he may list you as a high-risk pregnancy, don't worry to much about the title(I didn't know my doctor had listed me that way with my first until I was almost 7 months along-for me it was because of my age, 38 at delivery). With this on your chart, you may be able to see the doctor more often.

    Answer by nova.mommy at 4:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • i think you should call your doctor usually the blood test is veyr accurate but i think you should call your doctor and tell themw hat you are feeling so they can see you or you can also go to the er they will mostlikely do an ultrasoudn and thentell you whats going on

    Answer by Alejandra10 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

  • thanks every one but we lost the baby

    Comment by Manda_Evans (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2010