can a woman e independent and in a relationship at the same time? and why does a man find independence so offensive?

why be so offended and not proud.. if your woman is independent you would think a man would be proud of that...

mariposalee

Asked by mariposalee at 3:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• What do you consider an independent woman to be?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:45 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• one who works, has her own vehicle, her own money...
    mariposalee

Comment by mariposalee (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yes she absolutely can. strong men, real men love it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• boy do i miss the days when I worked and cashed a check... or got into the car and didn't have to readjust anything... :) can't wait oh boy can't wait...
    mariposalee

Comment by mariposalee (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• It drives my fiance crazy sometimes because he wants to take care of me but I need to be able to care for myself. Even though I know I can depend on him....I tend not to because it's backfired on me so I like to care for myself.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• and by backfired I don't mean my fiance. I've always been able to depend on him... I mean other people I have depended on so I'm just used to taking care of myself. Ok, I think I got this right now...lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I've always been an independant women.And I have found that the only men who don't like independant females, are men who need to control everything in the relationship.You don't have to lose your independance to be in a relationship.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• Yes absolutely I think when a person man or woman has a mind of their own they work make there own money goes places with friends or alone this is all a sign of being independent and there is nothing wrong with independence.
    jamminmomma

Answer by jamminmomma at 9:35 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• yes,I'm.My hubby never thrusts his decision on me and asks to take my own by myself. never meddles with my life. infact seems to care & respect me & my decisions
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• "one who works, has her own vehicle, her own money... "

You are in a marriage, not a prisoner. Even if you SAHM, share a vehicle and a checking account you should still be able to feel Independent.

I do work and we have two cars that we switch back and forth based on who's going where and we share money... but I never feel like my husband stiffles my independence. You should have absolute knowledge of your finances, bills and access to all accounts. If you are not a partner in your finances, you are putting yourself in a dependent situation.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2010