Tire Warranty A Bust?

I bought my tires in Feb of 2007 and the two that were in front are 80% worn. I took them back in to the place that I purhcased them and according to my warranty, I have to pay for the percentage I used. (Which is 80%) That means I only get 20% off of the new tires. I have NEVER heard of such a warranty. Anyone else??

Serendipitydoo

Asked by Serendipitydoo at 11:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Travel

• I watch the news on this! A lot of places sell used tires & sell them like new. The only way you can tell on your next purchase is to look on the tire. There is usually a date on your tire & shows just how old they are! I hate that you got stiffed on this..That really sucks!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yar =/ Thanks Dear. I just had NEVER heard of it before. Kind of makes the idea of a warranty..silly! Thank you for your answer!!

Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 11:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• sadly, i have heard of this. when you buy a 50,000- 60,000 mile warranty tire, it is for "projected" wear on the tire.
    racingirl

Answer by racingirl at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2008